Over one of our recent summer camping trips we had some leftover tortillas as well as cream cheese and homemade rhubarb jelly on hand. After making our tasty pie iron tortillas Jarrett whipped up this creation, which we’ve dubbed “campfire pastries.” We unfortunately didn’t take any pictures of him making this, but I recreated the steps at home except for the part where rather than frying it on the stove, you would fry it in a pie iron over the campfire.
- taco-sized flour tortillas
- whipped cream cheese
- favorite jelly
- cooking spray
- Spread cream cheese on tortilla and top with jelly.
- Fold two sides of the tortilla in.
- Fold the other two sides over, forming a rectangular packet.
- If you were cooking over a campfire, you would put the filled-tortilla into a greased pie iron, folded side down. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if desired.