The National Park Service is turning 100 in 2016, and to celebrate, on 16 days in 2016 national park sites that normally charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone. Last summer when we went out West, we racked up about $60 in park fees, so visiting on a fee-free day is quite a savings! (If you plan to visit a number of national parks in a year, you might want to consider purchasing the $80 annual pass.)
Here are the dates to mark on your calendar!
- January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 16 through 24: National Park Week
- August 25 through 28: National Park Service Birthday
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
For more information, visit the National Park Service website.
Leave a Reply